• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Bumper bed/tailgate steps for '07+

marzahld

SM 2022
PM 2018
SM 2015
I sent an email to AMP Research to see if the bedstep 75300-01A bed steps would work, and they say our bumpers are totally different than Silverado and it won't match  :-(.    Anyone know how to retrofit this type of step, or are there any others available?  I miss the tailgate/bed steps of my old '03.... 

Seems like something like this would work.

https://www.amazon.com/Heininger-4045-HitchMate-TruckStep-Receiver/dp/B0002Z9O6O

One member on this site purchased a system like this one made by another company and liked it but I don't remember the compay's name right now.

If you are concerned about clearance with spare tire when step is retracted and you don't need the tailgate to be down when steping up then maybe this would work as well:
http://www.weathertech.com/bumpstepxl/

(They also have a 12" step if you think backup sensors would go off with this larger step above.)

good suggestions, but I will probably not get a hitch one since I use my hitch and it would have to extend really far in order to be able to use it with the tailgate down.  Maybe if I keep bugging amp they will make an avy version (wishful thinking...  :laugh:)      Those corner ones are cool, I think you can kick them up and down with your foot.  I even volunteered to buy them and try to make one work in hopes that no one had tried it yet, but he commented that I was not the first person to ask about those fitting the Avalanche!  lol

marzahld said:
I even volunteered to buy them and try to make one work in hopes that no one had tried it yet, but he commented that I was not the first person to ask about those fitting the Avalanche!  lol

My next question is usually something to the effect of, "So there's seems to be interest.  Any plans for making one that fits?"

Their response is usually something between "Perhaps.  Check back to see if we do." and "No."

Or my reply from Buckstop: "Yes, we can still make a rear bumper for the 2011 Chevy Avalanche, although we do not have any interest in making one with the steps. "  Well, since a lot of pickups come with steps from the factory now, good luck with that.

Bodyguard Armor makes a pretty nice Front bumper that will fit our trucks. They make a rear bumper 'with steps and such for the Silverado. I've let them know there's interest in bumpers for Avalanches. It looks like it would take only a little modification to the design to make an Avalanche version. Pretty sure the bumpers would be cross compatible with the following:

2000-2006 Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon+XL, Escalade+ESV+EXT
2003-2006 Avalanche WBH
2007-2013 Avalanche

That's 60 total model/year combinations. Hundreds of thousands of which are still on the road.

Here's the link to their request page: https://www.bodyguardbumpers.com/new-product-requests/

Back