• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Clear coated wheels, removal ??????

Pop343

PM 2017
I have an 07 with aluminum spoked original wheels, and the clear coat is peeling in spots. Any suggestions on how to repair or totally remove and replace and what is needed. Anyone else have this problem and what did you do to repair or restore to original? :help:

Depending on where you are and the frequency of having salt or brine put on the roads increases the chances of the coating breaking down. With you being North of ATL my guess is the brine.
Most have tried to PlastiDip their rims to match their body style.

On a side note if you are a round this weekend there are a group of us meeting in Helen GA this weekend.
Check out more info
Click Here

Did that with the same wheels you have.  I did have the tires off the rims. Used aircraft paint remover in an aerosol can available at just about any parts store. Spray on, leave it sit for 5-10 minutes, wipe it off. The CC bubbles right up. After that I polished the hell out of them and they looked great,,, for about a month. Then they got dull and water spotted. I put Plasit-Dip on them after that. Looked great for 3 years until I traded the truck in.

Back