• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2010 LTZ - Single Speed Transfer Case

25tj25

SM 2018
Hi guys
little bummed out as I bought my 2010 LTZ knowing it was a 4x4 - didn't realise 2010 had an option for a single and two speed transfer case
found out when I needed low range as well  ???

anyway does anyone know if you can convert the factory supplied NP0 single speed to a NQH two speed case
I would love to think just buy the dash button and the NQH unit bolt in a your done I bet its not that easy

anyway any news would be so helpful

thanks tim

Actually, the single speed was standard for the 2010  and the 2 speed was optional.

To try to convert it you are probably taking 3,000 to 4,000 thousand US, then you have to find someone to try it.

It's more than another transfer case and button, there is a control module and a lot of programming.

ah Bugger was hoping it was just a money making exercise for GM
and easy change over - looks like it isn't thanks for answering my question
even thou its not what I wanted to hear at least I know now

will just get chunkier tyres and a supercharger to lift my spirits  :laugh:

GM tried a bunch of changes to the 2010 model like putting a 6.2 L in them., then dropped them all in the 2011 model.. But you would think that they at least made it all wheel drive.

I found this on another forum: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/can-you-install-a-2-speed-transfer-case-in-to-a-vehicle-with-a-single-speed.95303/

Thanks for cross posting natjacada, even on these old threads because people like us still use them for reference sometimes years later. The Tahoe guys make the swap sound fairly easy

Back