Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: some cosmetic damage to tailgate top edge Completed fix  (Read 393 times)

EXT4ME

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
Re: some cosmetic damage to tailgate top edge
« Reply #25 on: 04/14/18 10:17 AM »

I looked on an Avy/EXT parts list I have and this is the part and number for the EXT piece.

Looks like that plastic strip may have been part of the rear gate molding, as they call it, all along and not a separate piece as I see no mention of it separately.

Rear gate molding for 2002-2006 EXT Part #88944304

Maybe finding an EXT tailgate in a scrapyard for cheap (yeah, right) might score the spoiler with the plastic piece.

I am also not clear if the plastic piece would even come off cleanly or if the first gen spoiler would even fit on a second gen truck.

I'm thinking it would probably make more sense for others to just build one like you did since it looks pretty damn good on your truck.

If I ever get a second gen Avalanche with painted cladding, I know I will.
Please consider helping to keep our Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America alive! Become a Supporting Member Today! Without ongoing member support, our forum may have trouble surviving. The annual cost of a membership is very small compared to the wealth of knowledge this site provides. Let's do what we can to not lose it. THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!

No Tyme

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member
Re: some cosmetic damage to tailgate top edge
« Reply #26 on: 04/14/18 02:41 PM »

Well my $44 mod/protection is complete. As far as I see there are no issues with the added piece between the rear bed cover and tailgate. This just saved me a lot of money as I don't have to replace what was previously damage and it will protect that edge of the tailgate spoiler from future damage.

2013 Avalanche LTZ Black Diamond Blue Topaz Metallic W/ Summit Performance level lift, Hollander 5308ís wrapped with 275 65 R 20ís Coper Discoverer HTPís, Sound Ordinance powered sub, AVS Vent Visors, Husky Liners, cool white interior LEDís, JDM Alstar backup lights. Formerly 2005 Avalanche Z71 Silver Birch

2017 Equinox, 2017 Cruze RS & 1996 Corvette Collector's Edition in the Stable

HellHoof

Re: some cosmetic damage to tailgate top edge Completed fix
« Reply #27 on: 04/20/18 12:39 PM »

Looks good  :thumbsup:
2009 LTZ

No Tyme

Re: some cosmetic damage to tailgate top edge Completed fix
« Reply #28 on: 04/20/18 06:09 PM »

Looks good  :thumbsup:

Thanks, it did turn out better than expected. It saved me some buck too since it covers up the damage on the edge of my tailgate spoiler.
2013 Avalanche LTZ Black Diamond Blue Topaz Metallic W/ Summit Performance level lift, Hollander 5308ís wrapped with 275 65 R 20ís Coper Discoverer HTPís, Sound Ordinance powered sub, AVS Vent Visors, Husky Liners, cool white interior LEDís, JDM Alstar backup lights. Formerly 2005 Avalanche Z71 Silver Birch

2017 Equinox, 2017 Cruze RS & 1996 Corvette Collector's Edition in the Stable
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 25 queries.