• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Service airbag won't leave me alone

Jwh91

2005 avalanche LT the light started coming on tonight profusely, Not sure why how do I make it stop

Jwh91 said:
2005 avalanche LT the light started coming on tonight profusely, Not sure why how do I make it stop
Get code read and repair per code repair procedure.

Can be many things or one simple part change but without code you are guessing and not doing the troubleshoot guide you are guessing and guessing means wasting $$$

Good Luck

I have a 2005 also.  Light came on while in backing out of my driveway.  Freaked out that it would explode for no reason I called the local dealer and was told how much it would cost to change out the sensor. If I recall correctly I was quoted something like $650.  I decided to try it myself.  Took a few hours and being careful operating from underneath the front bumper on my back I located it and swapped it out for a new one I had purchased on Amazon for about $70.  Moment of anxiety is after you are done reaching from passenger side to ignition key and turn on without explosive event.  I must concede that I worked very carefully and slowly and like I was taking apart a bomb for fear of disturbing the sensor.  All is well years later.  :^)    You can do it with basic hand tools.  :^)

There are steps taken to disable the SIR.

Back