Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: WVWWW XVI, Good Evening Ranch April 27th-29th, 2018  (Read 1448 times)

4x4dreamer

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • Have you checked your local GTG thread?
    • Facebook
Re: WVWWW XVI, Good Evening Ranch April 27th-29th, 2018
« Reply #50 on: 04/29/18 04:35 PM »

I wanna See that new trailer in person!
2013 Black Diamond LTZ

GoldBowTie

• CAFCNA Regional Coordinator
  • Have you hugged your Avalanche today?
« Reply #51 on: 04/30/18 02:59 AM »

Oh how we miss not seeing everyone.   

Hoping to see you all soon. 

BBB & MzBBB

Well, with you not being there, it gave us someone to talk about.  :4:

It was a good weekend.
As always, way too much food.
And believe it or not, too many jello shots.
The boardwalk was a neat place to visit.
And lets not play that card game again.  Horrible!
Av #1 2002 Onyx Black Z71  201 MONTHS of ownership (Oct 01 - today) and 68447 miles.
147 GTG's attended in: OH, WV, TN, NY, MI, Canada, IN, NH, KY, GA, PA, NC, IA, and MO.

Av #3 2009 Black LTZ  63 months of ownership (Mar 13 - today) and 145889 miles.
(124594 when bought)
23 GTG's attended in: WV, OH, PA, IN and MI

Av #2 2003 Yellow Z71 WBH  18 MONTHS of ownership (Sep 11 - Mar 13) and 9302 miles added.
(101764 at delivery, 111066 at trade-in) Traded for 2009
19 GTG's attended in: OH, MI, PA, WV

BigBlockBirch

• CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member
    • Network Hobbies
« Reply #52 on: 04/30/18 07:25 AM »

:beating:
2015 GMC DenaliHD 3500 Z71 w/Duramax
2013 GMC Denali HD w/Duramax - SOLD
2011 GMC Denali HD w/Duramax - FLOOD VICTIM
'05 2500 Silver Birch Metallic - SOLD
'03 1500 Z71 Victory Red - SOLD

james21

• What Do You Do With Your AV
« Reply #53 on: 05/05/18 05:44 AM »

Had a good time, even though it was a long drive for 36 hours. Food was good, company was good, games were....Anyways, good way to start the spring.

On my return trip I stopped at the falls. Beautiful area, those falls are something else. Getting all the way to the lower falls is something I'd like to forget, I was thinking, "380 steps is nothing", real cocky attitude disappeared when I got down to the middle falls when I saw what was waiting for my return hike :E: and my eyes were w8dened even more for the return from the lower falls. Got some good pics though.
The Green bank observatory was pretty cool. Thanks for the tip.  :thumbsup: Got some decent shots of the big dish from 2500ft away, closest I could get with my phone, can't interrupt the listening for intelligent life ::) . Found out it is NOT a total radio blackout zone, 88.1 FM was playing songs loud and clear on the observatory property. But dang it is a long drive to get back home, and that cell dead zone lasted all the way to 81 in VA. Could only use my truck GPS and it took me to I-81 in Harrisonburg VA
Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.

4x4dreamer

• Have you checked your local GTG thread?
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: 05/06/18 05:16 PM »

Had a good time, even though it was a long drive for 36 hours. Food was good, company was good, games were....Anyways, good way to start the spring.

On my return trip I stopped at the falls. Beautiful area, those falls are something else. Getting all the way to the lower falls is something I'd like to forget, I was thinking, "380 steps is nothing", real cocky attitude disappeared when I got down to the middle falls when I saw what was waiting for my return hike :E: and my eyes were w8dened even more for the return from the lower falls. Got some good pics though.
The Green bank observatory was pretty cool. Thanks for the tip.  :thumbsup: Got some decent shots of the big dish from 2500ft away, closest I could get with my phone, can't interrupt the listening for intelligent life ::) . Found out it is NOT a total radio blackout zone, 88.1 FM was playing songs loud and clear on the observatory property. But dang it is a long drive to get back home, and that cell dead zone lasted all the way to 81 in VA. Could only use my truck GPS and it took me to I-81 in Harrisonburg VA

WOW James! Sounds like you had quite the trip!

I agree, the falls are absolutely beautiful! You should see them frozen in the wintertime, especially the lower falls! I love greenbank as well!

You got to see the "other side" of the mountain from the cruise!  :4:

I am glad you had a good time and that you made it home safe!

This side of the state is not a side that has been well explored by the AV club in past years. There really isn't a "good" way to get over there in some cases.
2013 Black Diamond LTZ

james21

• What Do You Do With Your AV
« Reply #55 on: 05/07/18 09:45 AM »

I am glad I came with my Ford, because I know my Avalanche would not have been able to make the return trip, the way I went. Way too many hills, and some real nasty switchbacks.
Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 25 queries.