Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bearing noise on front of the motor  (Read 65 times)

stewartr

• I love the Chevy Avalanche
Bearing noise on front of the motor
« on: 04/13/18 06:29 PM »

When I crank my truck it sounds like a bearing going bad. Kinda like a scraping sound that increases with the rpm. I have replaced the tensioner, alternator, idler pulley, power steering pump and took the belt off the ac. The water pump does not leak but it is the only part on the front of the motor I have not replaced. 2006 172K
« Last Edit: 04/14/18 05:49 AM by stewartr »

EXT4ME

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
Re: Bearing noise on front of the motor
« Reply #1 on: 04/14/18 04:18 AM »

You did not specifically mention the belt tensioner in your description of the parts you had changed.

Maybe you just didn't list it.

I usually replace the idler pulley when I replace the belt tensioner, just for good measure.

I would think you could take the main belt off and crank the engine for a moment and that would tell you if the noise is external, or not.

If nothing is spinning externally and the noise is still there, then the noise is most likely internal.

It shouldn't take but a very short bit to tell.

Others should be along shortly to give you some other ideas.
Please consider helping to keep our Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America alive! Become a Supporting Member Today! Without ongoing member support, our forum may have trouble surviving. The annual cost of a membership is very small compared to the wealth of knowledge this site provides. Let's do what we can to not lose it. THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 25 queries.