• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Low Power Mode and Stabilitrak light when Heavy Rain

pdorazio

Hello All, last year on the hwy in a snowstorm my truck went into low power mode and then died.  After an hour it started and drove fine. It did it again 2 weeks later in a rainstorm while driving Code was TPS sensor. I replaced the entire throttle body with AC Delco parts and had no other issues.  Lately many sensors have gone including ABS/wheel speed, oil pressure, oil level, airbag, etc.  all replaced except for oil pressure (gauge not working for a few months now).
So last night it POURED rain.  Car sitting parked.  WOuldnt start this morning.  When cranking "low power mode" then click click click.  Battery jump did nothing.  Now it starts in low power mode.  I can only assume a connector under the car is wet, or maybe where water drains thru cowl?  Can some one lead me to a likely culprit?
Man, do I need a Tundra!

I dunno.  Mine's never done that in 15 years, 314K miles.

Then again, I've never wanted a Toyota.

Check this link, My 2010 Avalanche did the same thing in January. Basically they change the throttle position sensor, and reflash the engine control module. There are two throttle position sensors in the throttle body. The engine control module looks at both of them, if it detects a difference between the two, it will go into the reduced power mode. Mine only happened when the ambient temperature was below about 25 deg.

https://f01.justanswer.com/El_Jared/6d57ae19-57ed-4e04-a31e-5ade5820f768_throttle+body+TSB.pdf

Document ID: 3671085
#11273B: Special Coverage Adjustment - Throttle
Position Sensor Replacement - (Dec 16, 2013)

In my case, it was the throttle actuator control. A pretty dumb place to install it with the plugs facing up.

In any case, carefully pull off the plugs and check for corrosion then put some grease on the seal of the plugs.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=75809.msg1163607#msg116360

I keep a code reader in my storage bin so I can just clear the code and problem is solved.

normal_tac.jpg

Back