• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Turning over several times before firing off

mattstark44

My 07 Avalanche has been starting hard for about the past 2 weeks.  It turns over quickly and fine but takes a couple seconds to actually start.  Anyone have any answers or ideas?

Have you had the battery load tested?
Cheap easy place to start.

I've been thinking and I think I know what it is.  I've seen a small spot under the truck that's never really wet but can tell something dripped there.  I believe that I have a leak in the fuel line and while it sits overnight that gives it enough time to drain part of the line so when I go to start it in the morning it doesn't fire right off.  :E:

Hope you have it narrowed down. Good luck and keep us posted.

If its losing fuel pressure after sitting for awhile it could be at the pump, injectors or fuel line leak.

An easy way to test if it's losing pressure is before you start it turn the key to the run position without cranking it over. Wait a few seconds and the pump will pressure up the system and shut off, then if it starts right up it was probably losing pressure somewhere.. You if you listen closely you can hear the pump prime the system. This won't work on newer cars with push button start.

Back