• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

XM radio weak signal

TheFox1

Just picked up a used 2008. I've had one in the past with no problems with reception. Seems to kick in pretty well after 5-10 minutes of driving. I checked the antenna cable behind the glove box and it's well connected. Could it be the module?

When was the last time you had XM? A few years ago XM signal has gotten more interference from T-Mobile's rollout of LTE. I have issues with reception in certain locations, and low and behold, they're always near a cell phone tower.

HellHoof said:
When was the last time you had XM? A few years ago XM signal has gotten more interference from T-Mobile's rollout of LTE. I have issues with reception in certain locations, and low and behold, they're always near a cell phone tower.

I have 3 cars with XM, no problems. If I have time this weekend I'll swap out the unit from my Vue and give it a try.

Well, I just found out those modules are not interchangeable. Going to plug in a generic antenna during the week see what happens.

Problem found. Got my hands on a generic XM antenna and the module works fine. So I guess the really is a problem with the antenna wire. Will order a new one.

THanks for update as I am sure this will help others in future.

Back