• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 Won't Start -Suspecting It to be the fuel pump, but ran fine before parking

MikeyTingstrom

A little back story: since I've had the truck it's always thrown the infamous P0455 code coupled with the gas station pump stopping every couple seconds.  I changed the charcoal canister a year ago and it did nothing to alleviate the issue.  I don't think this has anything to do with the current issue, but just wanted to throw it out there.  I also daily drove the truck for a year up until about 2 months ago.

Actual problem: last week I parked the truck in a new spot after washing, didn't drive it for a couple days, went to get in and start around noon one day, and the starter just spins the motor over without actually starting.  It sounds completely normal all except for the not actually working part.  Much later in the evening (midnight) I tried the remote start for entertainment purposes, and she started right up.  I waited until morning of the next day, then drove her all around town with no problems at all, starting up just fine every time.  Fast forward a couple more days, maybe a week, the same thing happens, but now she won't start at all, no matter the time of day.  I have tried over the past 3 days at different times.  I suspect it's the fuel pump because I don't hear it engage before starting.  The two things I've tried as far as trouble shooting goes is tap on the fuel pump with rubber mallet, and test the relay under the hood, neither of which did any good.  I'm now trying to test the fuel pressure coming in to see if it's getting any, and so far it's not reading pressure.

Is this a fuel pump issue?  Or a computer not telling the fuel pump to turn on kind of issue?  Or something completely different?  Thanks in advance.

Update:
Found the issue.  The fuse seemed to short out but not completely burn out so it was making an incomplete connection in the fuse block.
z4Y5rkU.jpg

:welcome:
Thank you for the update.
It is nice when someone replies with the found solution.
:welcome:

Back