• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Can't decide on which lift kit to get. 3.5", 4", or 5"

foxygrandpa55

Recently purchased a white 2007 Avalanche 4x4 and want to get it lifted. I'm new to this truck so any advice would help. Was looking at Rough Country but they say their lifts don't work on models with auto-leveling. How do I know if my truck has that? Also can people post some pics of 3.5" RC lift and/or 5" RC lift for comparison? Any other lift kits I should take a look at?

I would recommend zone or BDS for lifts, I am doing a Mcgaughy lift on my 03 right now.  As for lift size, its all about what you are trying to go for, if you HAVE to park it in a garage, I would suggest a 2" leveling kit only or stay factory, if parking is not issue then in all honesty just get the 5", for the money you will end up spending in total, another $3-400 will take it from a so-so 3" spacer lift to a full on badass looking 5" lift with 35" tires with very minimal cutting, no one will ever even notice....add onto all of the the feeling you will get driving it will be 100% worth the extra bit of dough. But im am a little biased as I am doing a 7" suspension lift, 3" body lift with 37" tires.

First welcome to the website foxygrandpa55 !

I hope you have many happy and safe miles in your AV. To find out if you have auto leveling suspension look in your glove box for a list of RPO codes or even badges on your AV that state it is an "LTZ" model. The other models of AV have more standard shocks.
I have to commend you for even considering a lift kit if you truly are a grandpa, I certainly don't fit the foxy part myself but am a grandpa and that grandma and I are considering a lowering kit to make it easier to get in and out of our AV. We would never want to make it harder to climb in........

Back