• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Brakes Locked after doing brake job - Warning light and Traction Ctrl light

Cmerkert

I just replaced front brakes, rotors and calipers on my '13 Avalnache.  After doing it I bleed the brakes by pumping them until solid fluid comes out.  Now, when I started it up, the Brake Warning light goes on and stays on, along with Stabilit Trac and Traction Control OFF.  Was there a particular way to bleed them or resent ABS or computer when replacing Calipers?  Do all 4 brakes now need to be bleed?  When I was bleeding them, they pads were grabbing on the rotor tightly where I could not spin it.  It feels like the parking brake is on.  I am assuming I have the calipers engaging the brake pads.  Any suggestions?

Check fluid level.
Check you did not damage wheel speed sensor wire.
Might have stuck caliper

Always add fluid at the end of each cycle of bleeding. This seems pretty oblivious but "IT" happens. It's recommended that brake fluid be changed out every 3 years (maybe that's changed) but I don't know anyone (except fluid sales people) that does it. It's also recommended (by Dorman) that you change your wheel studs and nuts every 3 years and I bet no one does that (except Dorman sales people) either!

Back