• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

I'm excited - Lift Kit being installed w/ larger tires

Bigshrek64

Hi All, I'm new here, I own a cladded 2003 avalanche 1500 4x4 with 137k, black in color.

Well I am excited, I just got my new 2014 silverado tow mirrors made for the avalanche $145 on eBay, only thing im still waiting on is the maker light wire from boost auto parts $55. Plus I ordered a Mcgaughys 7" lift, will put on when I get my 37" tires and wheels delivered. Also am waiting for the smoked spyder tail lights to show up.
I bought an erasure wheel and removed the 4x4 decal from the side of the bed, looks way better now. Im going for a blacked out theme.
I already took off the

Bigshrek64 said:
I've been trying to figure out how to post photos, I use my phone.
Put them in the gallery and then post link.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/gallery/

Bigshrek64 said:
How many posts do i have to do before I can post in that gallery
none as a new member you are limited to 1000kb but that grows when you become a member and full member or of course a Premium or supporting member.

Bigshrek64 said:
Every time I try to post it says there are no albums for me to post in.
YOU need to create your album first under My profile on the right hand side in the GALLERY screen.

Well because I wasnt happy with how tall my truck was gonna be after the lift and tires, only adding roughly 9" and im a go big or go home type of person, plus I can't help myself, I went and ordered a 3" body lift to go with everything....lol

In a few weeks when I have it all put together i will post some pics and a full parts lift with prices so y'all have an idea of what it took to get the look i wanted.

Hopefully will get everything out together this weekend. Tried to post some pics of my new wheels and tires, but I guess I cant from my phone.

More to come after I get the lift on.....my 8 year old son posing with the 37" tires.

Well got the truck down to the shop yesterday, got the front end all started, doing the body lift first, then the suspension lift, then brakes...

Bigshrek64 said:
Well got the truck down to the shop yesterday, got the front end all started, doing the body lift first, then the suspension lift, then brakes...

When you do the brakes, do the GMY 900 brake mod.  Worlds of difference.

Ill be watching since I am looking at my options now for lifting my truck. Thinking of going a similar route but not sure yet.

With just the body lift what issues do you have to account for? Any wire harness issues or brake line issues?

Considering doing a body lift now and a suspension lift later or maybe just do a leveling kit for now and going big later...

So please share what other items needed to be changed too to make the lifts work.

Also be aware if you have a Tech 2 available it does allow you to change the gearing for the tire change without having to get a full tune done.

Thanks!

Rodney

So the body lift i got is "performance Accecories by Daystar" for $350...comes with everything you need and 26 pages of very detailed instructions. But so far i have noticed any "line" issues. Just be aware that there is some cutting of the frame to reattach bumpers. As far as gearing goes, i havnt even priced that yet, plus I need to find someone to get some details on exactly what I need to replace when regearing front and rear diffs.

With that much of a lift can you put on bigger than 37" tires?

As to the bumpers, are they being raised up to match as before the lift or lowered to be more in line with other vehicle bumpers?

Yea, but I'll have to do some minor triming of the plastics and maybe a little bit on the inner fender wells, but not much. Ive checked out a bunch of other people who have done just the 7" lift with no body loft and did 37" with only minor trimming, so I might get away with just trimming the edges.

As for the bumpers, the body lift comes with "bumper lift" brackets so that it will match the body as though it was factory. But will be higher up.

I don't know if your state has inspection regulations but in Virginia the bumpers have to be in a certain height range (not too low or too high) and you may want to double check so you can pass inspection or avoid tickets for being an "illegal" height.
Of course we also have other regulations about tires sticking out from fenders so we need fender flares on wide tire vehicles to comply.

https://youtu.be/xqFcf-KsRuI

He starts talking about suspension and stuff at 2:10

This is a video of a truck shop employees truck. He explains his entire truck, stereo and all that stuff, but I only cared about his suspension and what he had to trim, and he does not have a body lift.

Back