• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need some info on doing a bullet proof truck

Cowboy_Elvis

Ok, so I have a 2002 Z71 1500. 8inches of lift on 35's, rhino lined fenders. I currently have 195K on her, and if I don't sell it in 2 months I'm going to be driving it back to upstate NY from Key West after a week long trip in the blue ridge mountains. So I'm looking to do things that will help her along this journey. I've already done water pump, alternator,belt,pulley,battery,plugs,and hubs. Is there anything you expert could think of that I may want to get done or add on for this? She seems to run great already. Appreciate the help guys

Oil and filter change of course is a good idea.  Also the front O2 sensors are probably due for a change.

enoniam said:
Oil and filter change of course is a good idea.  Also the front O2 sensors are probably due for a change.

I'm curious do you have a recommendation for the O2 sensor, I don't usually ask for a brand name but you have much more experience than I do on it.

If you are going through the mountains, make sure the brakes and brake lines are in great shape.  If you have 17 inch wheels or larger, consider upgrading to GMT900 (second generation) brakes.  Last thing you want is for your brakes to fail coming down the mountain.

MS03 2500 said:
I'm curious do you have a recommendation for the O2 sensor, I don't usually ask for a brand name but you have much more experience than I do on it.

I know some people have strong preferences on O2 sensors but I don't.  Maybe what NAPA sells me is the best but I don't know off hand what it is.

Check rear rotors and parking brake did not eat up rotor.

You should have front end checked since it is lifted; ball joints hubs etc.

Thanks guys, I've done the front hubs already,  brakes seemed decent up there and shes getting an oil change this weekend. Good call on the O2 sensors. Another thing to add to my list to do.

Back