• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Finally an answer

e6bill

I?ve been chasing a misfire on my 03 Z66 for a long time. Finally found a good shop to take it to for diagnosing. Nothing I ever did or checked had been helpful, but with 274K Miles now, it didn?t hurt either. It looks like the cam/lifters are the culprits. They?re pulling the head to visually inspect things. Anyone have any input on things to replace since it?ll be torn down? Like the oil pump for instance.

I would just let them rebuild the motor, 274,000 miles is a lot of miles on a motor.

I replaced my motor at 289K miles due to a misfire that I couldn't get rid of.

The culprit. There's my misfire. Lifter from #3 cylinder. Cam lobe looks the same. Going to go with a used replacement with 200K less miles, can't swing a reman/rebuild right now.

Attachments

• IMG_1415.jpg
    IMG_1415.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 17
Why not just put in new cam and lifters?

I'd replace an engine with that problem and that many miles.

When I first read his response I thought he was only going to replace the one LIFTER with a used lifter.....then I figured out he was going to replace the whole engine with a used one.

Back