• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Out of no where......no acceleration while pressing on the gas!

nikijo

:help:So the other day I was driving and my truck ('04 Avalanche) started acting strange.  While I was pressing on the gas and accelerating, all of a sudden I could feel a change in the pedal and there was no power going to the engine.  Only happened for a few seconds, then the truck would jerk and I was about to press the gas and get power to the engine.  Happened twice for seconds at a time, but then I was to my destination so I parked.  I had just filled up with gas the day prior and I checked the oil and there was plenty of that.  Then on the way home all hell broke loose!  It started doing the same thing but the no power time was lasting longer and longer and the jerk was getting more and more intense.  Then at one point while I was coasting because I couldn't give it gas, the truck shut off.  No power steering and engine not running but the electrical was working and the radio was working.  I was desperately trying to make it home, but had to pull over because it started not working more than it was working, and I didn't want to make anything any worse, so I called for a tow.

I don't have codes yet as I am going to do that tonight as well as do a diagnostic test on the fuel pump.  Just wondering if anyone else has already had this happen and what their fix was!

Thanks,
Frustrated :E:

I think you are on the right path by checking the fuel pump. 

Back