Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frame Cleaning  (Read 297 times)

james21

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • What Do You Do With Your AV
Frame Cleaning
« on: 05/30/18 10:03 PM »

Well I guess it is time again to clean the collected deposits of rust and re-coat the frame with some type of rust preventative. This will be the second time cleaning and coating since the factory(crappy undercoating material) dissolved in 2006. First time was in 09 and that lasted till about 15-16. So if I can find a good shop, and a good coating, I can probably get another 5 yrs or more.
Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.

frito

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"
Re: Frame Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: 05/31/18 06:10 AM »

Oiy, I need to do that on both Bumblebee and Barney, our XL7.  Not looking forward to it as I may try to do it myself.
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
« Reply #2 on: 05/31/18 09:40 AM »

I did mine last year when I did my brake lines. Eastwood is your friend

https://www.eastwood.com/paints/rust-solutions/prevention.html
2003 2500

james21

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • What Do You Do With Your AV
« Reply #3 on: 06/10/18 09:43 PM »

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't have access to a lift or the free time, luckily I was able to find a very reputable shop, close by, that will do the job for $450.
Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.

No Tyme

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: 06/12/18 06:43 AM »

I used 1 full can of Fluid Film on just the inside rear frame rails. You can get a longer tube that is well over 12" long. Sprayed the heck out of the inside of the frame. Use rust restorer on the outside were I could spray.
2013 Avalanche LTZ Black Diamond Blue Topaz Metallic W/ Summit Performance level lift, Hollander 5308ís wrapped with 275 65 R 20ís Coper Discoverer HTPís, DZ TailGate assist, Sound Ordinance powered sub, AVS Vent Visors, Husky Liners, cool white interior LEDís, JDM Alstar backup lights.

Formerly 2005 Avalanche Z71 Silver Birch
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 23 queries.