• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

suggestions on LC7 with Bose

srm022679

anyone familiar with an audiocontrol LC7? I've got a 2013 black diamond with bose.. changed out door speakers already, and have 2 15s that will all be getting ran off 3 amplifiers. purchased an LC7 since I dont want to change out headunits, just unsure on the wiring. best I can come up with, is using the high voltage (post bose amp) and sending the fronts to channel 1, rear doors to channel 2, and the 2 feeds for the factory subwoofer as L and R on channel 3, and not summing any channels on the signal processor.... this would give me F/R L/R rca's for the 4 channel amp to power the doors, and a L/R rca for the 2 sub amps, and still retain the factory center channel going off the bose amp. sound about right?

I have an LC8 in my truck. Which I eventually may put in my CTS....

The LC8 may have some additional features the LC7 doesn't.

In My truck I pulled the BOSE amplifier as it is unneeded when using the LC units and I needed the space for my PC.

If you use the BOSE amplifier you MAY run into distortion and you will want to connect your LC7 as close to your amplifier as possible to reduce possibility of noise picked up. In my '03 I am pulling the low level lines from the console and I am picking up some noise. I am just ignoring the noise for now since eventually plan to run directly off the PC via Optic output.

In the LC8 the first channels are the main ones. Any other channels that are combined are combined with channel 1.
Otherwise it appears to be a simple high quality "pass through" that allows you to set the input levels to your amplifiers. I have found mine to work best at the half way setting. If your using amplified BOSE output you may find the output will be set lower.

The LC8 also allows the 3 & 4 channel outputs to be combined in case you want 8 channels out from 6 channels in. I don't know without looking if the LC7 does this too. The channel 4 in mine is intended to be used as a subwoofer channel and came with a level control adjustment. (Main reason why I bought the LC8 instead of the LC7. Plus my CTS has 8 speakers...)

So realistically if your using yours just to run amplifiers off, you just run the amplified signal into the input and the output goes to your amplifier. The adjustment knob allows you to control the level out to your amplifier.

Having said all that... Your setup sounds correct.

Couple further notes...
Pulling in front of the BOSE amplifier would be cleaner sound but would require you to do your own crossovers. (I am doing this in mine.) Produces cleaner sound.
The BOSE amplifier does its own crossover points and EQ forming within the amplifier. You can try it and see what it sounds like and if you don't like it try just pulling in front of the BOSE amplifer and doing your own crossover etc... And you loose the center channel.. Although AC does have a center channel processor too.. (I have one I have never used.)

Back