• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How can I run speaker wire through the back door?

Dialn911

Hey guys, after much thought, I decided to run new 14 gauge speaker wire to my component speakers instead of tapping into the factory wiring.

I'm running a 1000 W amp to the components, and I don't want to put  that power through the factory harness.

I would rather do a clean install with new thicker gauge wire.

The front doors are no problem when it comes running the wire through the rubber loom in the door jam, however I'm not sure how to run it to the rear doors.

Anybody run new wire to their rear door speakers going through the rubber loom for the wiring?

The rear doors have snap in plugs that leave no room for wiring to go through the loom.

Can someone tell me what they did or does anyone have any suggestions on how to best route fresh speaker wire through the rear doors?
Thanks

Any spare ports in those plugs you can drill out and stuff the wires through? It's been too long since I added lights in the back doors on mine to remember.

Dang, actually found an old pix of how I did it. Looks like there may be a spot or three you can drill out and run the wires through the plug itself.

Attachments

• Rear Door lights 019 edited.JPG
    Rear Door lights 019 edited.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 25
Ok...looks like you notched out the side just large enough to run it.

Dialn911 said:
Ok...looks like you notched out the side just large enough to run it.
That's exactly what I did. After studying the pix though, you may be able to drill it out and run them through them.

Back