Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Avalanche coming in 2020  (Read 1438 times)

Vaeagleav

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
Re: New Avalanche coming in 2020
« Reply #25 on: 08/09/18 07:45 AM »

One thing I am kind of worried about is if they bring it back that they may base it off of the new blazer or one of their other mid size platforms
Several years ago someone posted photos of a Colorado based platform concept vehicle that resembled a downsized AV. That was back when gas was so expensive and large truck sales were lagging. Not sure it would be needed today with lower gas prices and more efficient larger trucks. Large truck sales are back up again.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

frito

• "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"
« Reply #26 on: 08/09/18 07:54 AM »

What is crazy to me...

A loaded burban @ 80K = Mercedes Benz E class Loaded or BMW 5 Series.

Yet drive up with both and ask those around which cost more... and they all point to the MB or BMW....

Truck prices are nutz as I have seen houses for less.

I wonder what all the economists think of these prices based on current middle class wages... something has to give soon.
Spot on man.  I ordered new a 2001 BMW 325i with a goal to keep the price down.  I wanted a rear wheel drive sports car with a manual transmission but it needed four doors for my (then) very young daughters.  The only options I got were sports package, single disk CD player, sunroof and fold down rear seats with ski bag.  I don't have leather, cruise control... heck I even have manual seats, though they are awesome ten way adjustable sport seats. 

Anyway, after I bought it I got all kinds of comments like "Oh, you must have gotten a huge raise", "OOOHHHH, look what your driving.  Wish I could afford it blah, blah, blah".  What I had to explain on a constant basis was that my car was about five grand less than mini-vans we were considering (and thankfully never got) for my wife.  I agree, it's absolutely nuts what they charge for "Trucks" these days.  I really don't want what they're selling 'cause when I buy a truck, I want something I'm not afraid to get dirty or some urban assault pavement princess.  Give me cloth, give me manual seats, give me durable without 10,000 electronic gizmos that are just begging to be replaces at a high cost.

As far as the economist go, I would have to think they think it's nuts too.  I mean, the costs are through the roof and with all the unnecessary gadgetry they are becoming more disposable everyday vs. something that will last.

Oh yeah, that Bimmer is still going strong at 211,000 miles and the simple 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL7 we bought for my wife instead of the mini-van is still motoring along at 202,000 miles and is now on it's fourth driver in our house. 
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

ygmn

• Administrator
  • Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .
« Reply #27 on: 08/09/18 08:09 AM »

I doubt they would make AVY on midsize...

since reason for midgate was to make bed longer so SHEETROCK or PLYWOOD fits inside bed under cover...

With midsize... COLORADO - not wide enough for plywood (only 44" wide) ... so these owners are not really hauling plywood etc and would not need AVY midgate... Also frame is not long enough to get the 97" from tailgate to folded down seat backs...
SO I really doubt they would ever add midgate to COLORADO midsize as I cannot think of any reason I would need to lower it - maybe hauling furniture... but I would rather have fullsize...

Midgate is what makes the AVY an AVY... anything else is a pick up or burban.

I think the avy has to be fullsize as the midgate and bed size are what its greatest feature is...
I mean interior is same as trucks and burbs.
Exterior front end look can be same too.
Difference is having a covered bed that is 49" wide by some 53" long most of the time.... and when you need 97" long bed you open midgate.... and then the option of keeping covers on or off; window in ot out... makes for greater hauling opportunities...

For me the midgate is the DAYUM why did they not think of this years ago feature.

Heck I though the swing open doors on the rear of older burbs was awesome getting rid of the roll up window and tailgate.
Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!

bookish

Vaeagleav

• The Avalanche just keeps getting better!
« Reply #29 on: 10/10/18 07:49 PM »

:deadhorse:
I don't think that truck would catch on since it only has a 200 mile range and needs to be recharged about 15 times to make a cross country trip... :4:
Can you also imagine the replacement cost of the battery pack when it needs replacing as all rechargeable batteries eventually loose their charging capability. It may make it a disposable truck.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

frito

• "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"
« Reply #30 on: 10/11/18 09:35 AM »

Avalanche of the future!

https://jalopnik.com/the-bollinger-b2-is-a-boxy-electric-pickup-that-can-tha-1829654095
I read that today as well and think it is very cool.  Swiss Army Knife like and utilitarian.  Not the overpriced luxo-truck that seems to be the trend these days.  I'm sure over time they'll work out the range issue.  I also read today that Tesla is aiming for million mile drive trains since there is less to go wrong on electric drive trains.  They're starting with he semis with the intent of pushing the million mile range down to the cars. 
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

lunchwagon

• CAFCNA 2018 Supporting Member
« Reply #31 on: 10/11/18 11:06 AM »

I did a quick specs comparison of the 2nd gen Avalanche vs. the B2 based on info published by TFL Truck today.  The payload and ground clearance figures are impressive!

2011 LT 4WD
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 24 queries.