• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

HVAC Control Panel (2003 Avalanche)

BigRed03

Well, it appears that my HVAC control panel has gone bad (it's the manual type control - specifically the fan speed control). I've changed my resistor board and my fan motor itself but the fan runs at x2 speeds but will only turn off when I shut off the ignition.
Now I really don't want to spend $120-150 for a new panel and I'm trying to figure out an alternative. I know that finding the switch itself is impossible (or so it seems). The plug that plugs into the panel also has a couple of the pins blackened (have cleaned them with a jeweler's file and used electrical paste on them with negative results. Also disassembled the switch and tried to clean it but again...no luck.
Has anybody found a source for the switch or used a replacement switch (even if it means putting it in the area on the dash below the panel). Or even wiring x5 switches on a panel to turn it to the five fan speeds.
Any ideas or suggestions other than just sucking it up and spending the money.
Thanks,
Dennie in Texas

Back