• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

No crank, no click, no start

Jarhead1981

Replaced Trans and Engine on 2003 Avalanche 1500 z71. Went to start and nothing. No start, no click, nothing. After several tries, the PassLock Icon stays and and so do the dash cluster lights. Battery is good, and charged. Alternator is good. In the trans/engine replacement I replace all sensors, starter, pwr steering pump, water pump, transmission neutral switch, all a/C switches, motor mounts, hoses, and all of the other things associated with a motor trans swap. I have several ideas: Trans Neutral switch, relays, fuses, starter solenoid, ECM ground.

Anybody have a similar situation? Anyone have relevant suggestions?
Any ideas welcome

Thanks in advance, Bob

Hey there. I had a similar issue with my 2011. But it sometimes gave a really weird driving experience before it died. It would run at top speed of about 20 mph then go back to normal, then back to 20 again.

After three times of the tow truck coming out, one guy finally checked my negative battery cable. The factory cable tested fine, my mechanic couldn't reproduce the problem, but I finally just insisted we replace the cable. Had it replaced (much to my mechanics chagrin), and haven't had the problem since.

Good luck!

Back