• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Got code P0174, Need help solving fuel trim issue.

Dialn911

Hey guys.

A few days ago I received a P0171 and P0174, lean system on both banks.

I logged on to my scanner and viewed my live data...

I was getting the classic high LTFT at idle, 25 % on both banks equally. and low numbers when reving, indicating a vacuum leak.

Sure enough, I found some loose intake connections to the throttle body.

After tighting everything down, the LTFT numbers stayed at 1.9%

Ok, great! It runs smooth and everything seems ok...
But....now...when I rev to 2500 rpm, the Ltft numbers go up. They both  go to 25% and when the throttle is let off, it immediately drops to back to 1.9% at idle.
Shouldn't the Ltft numbers stay low at all rpm ranges if everything is ok?

Or is it normal for the Ltft to go up with a load because of the demand in throttle and gas?

I'm little confused on whether it's normal to see both banks Ltft go up under throttle.
Thanks

It's not normal, but it may simply be a learning issue.  You probably don't run it at 2500 rpm too much and it will take a while to unlearn that it previously needed to add air fuel.  You may want to wait and see if the trims start coming down, or do the battery disconnect trick to have the computer forget what it learned.  I believe leaving the battery disconnected for about 15 minutes is enough to clear the learned memory.

Back