Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Avalanche LTZ dash center speaker area rattles  (Read 107 times)

ccc32224

I had my dash replaced by the dealer about 1.5 years ago and now i hear a rattle near the center speaker area. Can that speaker cover be removed to get a look at what is causing it? Not sure if they didnt put something back properly or if it is the dash loose in the middle somehow

hwprouty

Re: 2012 Avalanche LTZ dash center speaker area rattles
« Reply #1 on: 07/08/18 05:02 PM »

I just posted a couple days ago about this exact same thing. Looks to me like the 'clip' from the seperate front dash panel goes through the big dash pad right in front of the speaker holes. Mine seems to be broken, can't tell if it's a tab on the big dash part or the small piece.
Look from the outside of the windshield with a flashlight, I can see a broken piece sitting there >:(

ccc32224

« Reply #2 on: 07/14/18 08:28 AM »

Do you know if the speaker cover comes off?

hwprouty

« Reply #3 on: 07/17/18 09:00 PM »

I did a youtube search and found a video of a guy taking the dash apart to fix a crack. If its the part of the dash with the speaker holes you're looking at a HUGE PITA!!
The 'filler' piece between the speaker holes and windshield just pops out. I have not taken mine apart yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRJMAk9jqjE
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 25 queries.