• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2012 Avalanche LTZ dash center speaker area rattles

ccc32224

I had my dash replaced by the dealer about 1.5 years ago and now i hear a rattle near the center speaker area. Can that speaker cover be removed to get a look at what is causing it? Not sure if they didnt put something back properly or if it is the dash loose in the middle somehow

I just posted a couple days ago about this exact same thing. Looks to me like the 'clip' from the seperate front dash panel goes through the big dash pad right in front of the speaker holes. Mine seems to be broken, can't tell if it's a tab on the big dash part or the small piece.
Look from the outside of the windshield with a flashlight, I can see a broken piece sitting there :mad:

I did a youtube search and found a video of a guy taking the dash apart to fix a crack. If its the part of the dash with the speaker holes you're looking at a HUGE PITA!!
The 'filler' piece between the speaker holes and windshield just pops out. I have not taken mine apart yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRJMAk9jqjE

Back