• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

'03 auto dual climate control problems

chris77

Hi, I have a 2003 avalanche with automatic dual climate controls, which have a couple problems.
First, I can adjust the temperature fine on the driver's side but the passengers side is stuck at hot at all times. I was wondering how many actuators there are. I'm thinking 4: 2 each of the temperature door actuators (drivers and passengers), mode, and recirculation. Is this correct? If so, does the temp actuator located on the passenger's side actually control the passengers temp, or is it opposite? Where is the drivers side actuator actually located? And when changing temps from extreme cold to hot (and vise versa) should the movement of the actuator be smooth and non- stop, or go in steps? I noticed the one located on passengers side moved in steps.
Also another problem is, when changing temps, the display will sometimes go down while turning up, intermittently, but eventually get to where I want it. (Does up, then down a little, then continue going up. )
Also, the temp is cool until I set it to 90deg then goes full hot. I heard this could be ambient temp sensor. Correct?

Back