Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird turn signal/headlights/daytime running lamp issue  (Read 212 times)

Jamesq324

• I love the Chevy Avalanche

I have an 02 Avalanche North Face Edition. The issue I'm having is when I start the truck the drl's are on and with them on my turn signals flash fast and both flash at the same time but one is brighter than the other. When all other lights are off they flash normal. Also, when I press the horn the turn signal indicator lights light up. Oh and the horn barely squeaks out a sound. I've read that it is the multifunction switch and changed it with a junkyard switch but am having the same issues. Is it possible that I got a switch with the same issues as mine or could there be something else going on? :E:

Vaeagleav

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • The Avalanche just keeps getting better!

First welcome to the website!

Have you had your AV since 2002 or did you get it used?
Do you have any aftermarket things like stereo, alarm system, remote start etc.?
Has the Av been in any high water situations?
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

Jamesq324

I bought it used and have had it for roughly 6 months now. Not too sure about the high water situation. I've checked fuses and changed the relay and as stated in the post I bought a junkyard multifunction switch. I'm hoping it's something that will be a cheap fix because the multifunction switch itself is over $200.

Jamesq324

Also, no aftermarket accessories that I've seen anyway. Bone stock from what I can tell.

CarMech1969

• "A Chevy man to the end..."

I have an 02 Avalanche North Face Edition. The issue I'm having is when I start the truck the drl's are on and with them on my turn signals flash fast and both flash at the same time but one is brighter than the other. When all other lights are off they flash normal. Also, when I press the horn the turn signal indicator lights light up. Oh and the horn barely squeaks out a sound. I've read that it is the multifunction switch and changed it with a junkyard switch but am having the same issues. Is it possible that I got a switch with the same issues as mine or could there be something else going on? :E:

Possibly, you have lost a good ground connection common to a couple or more of those circuits.
First, I'd make sure that all the turn signal indicators and marker lamps operate as they should.
If that checks out ok, then see if the drl's are shorted to the marker light or turn signal light circuit in some way. Could still be a bad bulb (if the the filament has broken and started feeding power to another filament), or a melted bulb socket, or even wires that have melted or chafed against each other, causing a short. You could even have the horn circuit backfeeding other circuits because it has lost its ground (which could explain the lack of horn volume, and an unrelated circuit operating when the horn button is pressed).

CarMech1969
Owner of a 2002 Avalanche 2500 series, 4X4

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

Check the fuse box for extra wires, years ago many members were doing the full-time DRL mod or all on 4 mod

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/daytimemod.htm
2003 2500

Jamesq324

Now that you mention it, I think it could be a ground issue because the horn will be semi loud at times but still sound like it's going in and out when pressed. Not to big on messing with auto electrical so I'm not sure where to even start searching all those. Can anybody help me out with that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 25 queries.