• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2013 leaking radiator

Try2kup

Has anyone else had an issue with radiator leaking between the plastic tank and radiator core?
I have a 2013 with 54000 miles that is leaking on the drivers side.

Try2kup said:
Has anyone else had an issue with radiator leaking between the plastic tank and radiator core?
I have a 2013 with 54000 miles that is leaking on the drivers side.

Your plastic tank is likely cracked and unless you know a shop that can retank them you are looking at a new radiator. Haven't heard it happening much but have heard of it happening.

After talking to acouple of local shop they have seen a lot of Silverado's with the same issue same spot.  It is the gasket between the tank and core.  Local radiator shop would charge $75.00 to install new tank and gasket.  Or buy a new radiator for $130?  hmm what to do?

Might be worth checking out if you can get a better radiator than the original one. I know some of the aftermarket radiators have much more cooling capacity but don't seem to be THAT much more.

But I have not researched the Avalanche units to know for sure but just suggesting if your going to have to do it anyway... Might be worth checking.

Rodney

Back