• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2500 Avalanche hard brake lines

Foothills_GT

Yesterday, my passenger side hard line started leaking just above the frame. I have replaced the hard lines on a 2001 1500 pickup before, and it was a pain. I suppose the Avalanche will be just a difficult, if not more so. Are 2500 lines and 1500 lines the same? Should I buy and bend my own replacement lines or go with pre-bent ones instead? Any tips on getting the front lines replaced would be extremely helpful too.

Thanks in advance.

It's a pain like you have never felt before, because of the location of the radiator support.

The 2500 has a special kit that will only fit 2500 Suburban with the 8.1, Yukon XL 2500 and AV 2500. so it will not work on the 1500.

So do you think you have the approximate 30 to 40 hours to put it in yourself or pay 1400.00 to have someone else put them in.

Me too, take lots of pictures of how the lines are routed the front passenger side is a super pain.

When I did mine I took many pics, then I cut all the front lines out. When I installed them I started with the front passenger side then the front driver side.

If the routing is ANYTHING like the 1500 I found it easier to pull off the front bumper to do the install. Would have had to cut the line into two pieces or some other "magic" to get it done otherwise.

Back