• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

pic of 2nd gen bed cover latch

1967DropTop

Someone was requesting a pic of a bed cover latch from a 2nd gen.
I can't find that post among the hundreds of childboards on this site.
Do you still need that pic?

Yes! That was me, I think. I have a 2002 and bought 2013 bed covers.

Panel #1 (Front, closest to the rear window) is different. On my 2002 it has 4 latches. On late models it has 2 latches on the rear of the panel, and two projections underneath the front of the panel that fit into some kind of brackets (?) on the midgate or the front of the bed sides.

Any photos and descriptions of brackets or attachment points would be much appreciated. I'm hoping that they are something that can be added or adapted to my truck.

Thanks!

The '67 is a Convertible Mustang. I made this account before I bought my first Avalanche.
PM me your email and I'll send you pics of the latch.

Mustangs! I'm 1965droptop and 2006droptop! I like 67s best, actually, and was looking at 67s and 68s when I found the 06. Fuel injection and modern systems seduced me, I guess.

Evidently, I'm not trusted enough to be able to reply or send messages, but I changed my profile so that you can send an email directly to me.

If you click on my profile, you should see an envelope icon that allows you to email me. If it won't allow attachments (I don't know), please send the email, I'll reply, and you'll have my address.

Thanks!

Let's see if this works.  I have the full size pics on my phone but I don't think I can attach them here. These are resized to 20%

Attachments

• IMG_5222.jpg
    IMG_5222.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5220.jpg
    IMG_5220.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5221.jpg
    IMG_5221.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5223.jpg
    IMG_5223.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 16
Regarding the '67. I'm upgrading the from suspsension. All roller and delrin. UCA is Global West, LCA and shock mount are roller bearing parts from Open Tracker Racing, Delrin strut bushing, etc, etc.  I have an EFI 5.0 HO engine going in along with AOD. She's been on hold for a long time but I'm finally making some real progress this year, I have to fight for the time, lots of house projects.

Absolutely perfect photos. I cannot thank you enough!

I am going to compare them to my truck and the parts diagrams for 2002 and 2nd gen to determine the differences and whether the parts can be ordered and adapted.

Thanks again.

By the time you are through, your '67 will be tighter than a new one and better looking. Good work!

FYI- I hit 10 posts on the forum, and now I can PM! That must be the threshold.

Those pieces are bolt on. I took mine off and had them powder coated for my '03.

I want to believe the 2007-2013 use the same side panel inserts in the bed as the 2002-2006 trucks do since everything else bolts up directly. (Only differences being this front mount and the cargo light configuration.)

Back