• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

WET FLOORS !!!! ?

Coach23

Hello guys and girls...Iam new to this forum. Thanks for having me !! I have a 2004 Chevy av with 123k. My passenger, passengers rear and drivers side floors keep getting wet when the ac comes on. I read a lot of videos and can?t pin point my problem. I stuck something thru the drain tube under the accumulator. Nothing came out. The ac still works. Can someone please HELP !!

Turn truck on and AC on max high.
OPen hood and see if water eventually drips out drain tube onto ground.

If not then it is clogged or broken inside and need to fix it up.

Now if you see water dripping out making puddle on ground your water leak is something else.

Welcome to the club!

Thanks. Water is definitely coming out from the drain under the hood. Is that the only one ?

Make sure the water you are seeing is coming out of the drain tube out of the firewall and not just dropping off the cold A/C plumbing in the engine bay.

You will probably need to get under the truck to see the drain really well.

It?s coming out that drain tuber that?s right under the condenser. Has that little 90 degree elbow on it

Is the only drain tube for this vehicle located under the accumulator??

This YouTube video should give you an idea of what you are looking for.

Ignore what he is showing about the rear of his truck.

He has rear air in his Tahoe in this video.

He may have mis-named some of the a/c parts, but I am sure you will still get the picture.

AC water Drain Locations Tahoe Suburban Silverado Musty Smell 1999-2006 Air Conditioner

I had a 1999 Suburban with rear air and the thing he showed under the rear of the truck was all clogged up and sealed totally shut with road grime.

I struggled with water soaking the rear carpet in that truck for years until an old school GM mechanic showed us all where the actual problem was.

He pulled that rubber nipple off and gallons of water came rushing out.

Solved my problem right then and there.

But, that's a different story for another day.

Have a look for that rubber piece up in the engine bay to see if that might be what is making the water back up into your inside a/c ducting and then spilling onto your carpet.

Coach23 said:
It?s coming out that drain tuber that?s right under the condenser. Has that little 90 degree elbow on it

I think you have it!

(y)

Yup, that?s the 1st video I watched. Stuck weed walker string it, and no change ?

Coach23 said:
Is the only drain tube for this vehicle located under the accumulator??
YES

moe then likely you have a water leak.

Check the posts in this section for examples of some water leaks and check them out on your ride.

Best thing to do is get someone small inside and uner dash.
Shut doors and then run hose on outside to find where leak is.

heck yours could be from midgate or rear window or body seam or door wiring loom boot or windshield or firewall seam or AC/HEAT box seal to firewall or sunroof or roof rack bolts or ....

you get the picture..

Coach23 said:
Yea I gotcha...but it seems to only happen when the ac is on
How do you know it happens with AC on?

Can you see thw water dripping down inside with AC on?

Maybe the drain tube is not connected properly inside to drain pan so it leaks both inside and out?

I dry vacuumed the floors and carpet...it was as still damp. No rain. Cut the ac on. By time I twas aches my destination my carpet was wetter than before

Me checking if the drain is connected well to the pan will require me to remove the whole dash ??

Coach23 said:
Me checking if the drain is connected well to the pan will require me to remove the whole dash ??

No you need to look thru firewall maybe...

Did you have AC on with Doors open and hot and humid out?

Could be the ductwork got cold enough to sweat.

How wet are we talking?

Might be time to strip some of those covers under dash and look around.

Maybe take blower out and look inside with one of those video cameras on a flex stick.

I am out of guesses without seeing truck and leaks.

Hey Coach,
I have the same problem ... every time I ran the AC, my passenger side carpet would get soaked. My issue turned out to be a cracked airbox that would leak condensate into the cabin before it could get to the drain hose. I found it by pulling off the trim panel below the glove box (three small hex-head screws, if I remember correctly) and watching for drips.

This may sound a bit weird but my last truck has a drain tube large enough to allow a mouse to get into the ductwork and build a nest. It bit thru the plastic housing and some of the water did drip onto the floor. I never thought the tube was big enough to allow the mouse but apparently it was.  took the entire AC compartment apart to fix the issue.

Moth balls solved the issue in the garage. No more mice.

Back