• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New 2019 Chevy Engines, Good bye AFM???

dcn427

SM 2022
SM 2011
See this today while looking on youtube. Good bye AFM and hello next disaster!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKeD3-7E8-o

Boy that guy talks a lot, that could have been a 5-minute video. Reminds me of a friend.

Well, at least it should be cheaper and easier to fix since most parts are on the outside of the motor.

Where does he get his information from?

Cause everything on the internet is true right?

What could possibly go wrong?

:laugh:

Don't forget about the obnoxious start/stop technology. Even if GM releases a third gen Avalanche I'd be hesitant to even want one anymore. Same reason I don't even want to consider the new GM trucks unless they can prove they aren't loaded with reliability issues and start/stop that isn't annoying (have yet to find one that isn't). Thankfully, I was able to disable AFM long ago, otherwise I would have had to give mine up. And since I'm not about to buy anything new, I'm heavily investing in reconditioning my Avy back to almost new condition... you'll have to pry mine from my cold dead hands!  >:D

I see it somewhat as "be careful what you wish for..." when society in general wants very fuel efficient vehicles on the road and fleet standards are set high then this type of stuff may be the only way to achieve the results.
As my other vehicle is a 1947 Chevy coupe with some drive-train mods I understand wanting to keep old vehicles on the road and keeping a "simple" old car is much easier to picture it on the road 70 years later since there is not much to replace in the way of electronics and parts that are no longer made or supported by the manufacturers. (Much easier to find a fender in a junk yard or EBay vs. an electronic sensor type thing.)
Can you really picture many AVs on the road 70 years from now?  :B: Or the newer vehicles with all the bells and whistles,sensors and software....

Vaeagleav said:
Can you really picture many AVs on the road 70 years from now?  :B: Or the newer vehicles with all the bells and whistles,sensors and software....

Exactly! We get disposable cars while at the same time trying to achieve a level of "eco friendliness". Talk about irony...

Welcome back Tripower engines. And yeah one cylinder running. So instead of afm we know have dfm. That's allot cooling going on.

Back