• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

NOTICE TO ALL NEW MEMBERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

XRover

Charter Member
SM 2003
Welcome to all new members.

Please remember to fill out your location area in your profile so that other members can see where you are from. It is a great asset to all to be able to identify other AV's that might be located near us. It is a great way of making new local friends and lending assistance with mods or trouble shooting simple problems.

If you forgot to fill out your location info the first time around, just click on "Profile" in the grey bar located above and add it in.

Thanks

Len

While you are there doing that - pls put enough in your signature so that we know what you own - helps when answering questions - thanks :eek:

Good idea. Let's all update our profiles with our state at least.

Also, one piece of advice for all of us that have posted digital pictures of our wonderful rides, it is a VERY good idea to blur out you license plate(s). Bad people will track you down and possibly take your stuff!

Just read about this in some magazine so I thought I'd pass it along. Which one I can't remember as it was at the dentist's office while waiting for my daughter. DMV records are for the most part public.

Someone who posts here even had there truck vandalized I just can't remember who. They said it was because someone looked them up and found them.

Just be careful... Jamie

That's a good point Jamie....you don't want anyone out of spite disturbing your property....As a matter of fact I just got my digi pics today on Cd-rom...and should go and edit those shots just in case....

I would also like to echo the comments by Xrover and Jstrickl regarding the profile sigs....it would be great to able to just look down and see excatly what we are working with here..... (y) to everyone who has already done so... :D

... also, if you have created a sig graphic, you may want to add your mod text there. I by no means have done lots of mods to my rig, but having a link to my rig's photos AND stating all the mods was running out of sig space. So I added my mods to the sig graphic, as you can see below. Then all that is in the sig is the link to the graphic and the link to my truck album.

And don't forget to mention your location!

Jamie

The License Plate tip is a major for all to be aware of.

I know a few of us have had Radar Detectors swiped and vehicles stolen and vandalized. I can't say it is due to a photo of your awesome rig with all your cool stuff installed and a license plate in plain view but why take the risk ?

If you have pics of your trucks and want to post a link but don't know how to retouch the license plate, send an email to the moderator of the topic discussion section you want to post to and I am sure that we all will be more then willing to help you do it. Even other members are more then willing help.

After we run it through the DMV of course >:D >:D

Just kidding :B:

New Members,

Also in addition to updating your profile, please be sure to register for "Club Meets" in your area. ?We would love to meet you and talk AV's in person ?;D

goo929

Since we are having a huge growth spurt....I figure time to remind eveyone about this thread...

It really helps to post what year and model avy you have in sig when asking questions....also ...your location helps those around you who may be close enough to help you out as well....

Good luck and thanks for joining up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back