• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

White Mountains Cruise Interest

james21

Cruise Coord
PM 2021
PM 2019
PM 2014
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Well it sure has been a while since I last tried to organize one of these, but I figured I'd ask to see if there is any interest in going up to the White Mountains to see the wonderful colors of the fall.

I am interested.  Thanks!

Hummm roughly when can this happen.

Duneit said:
The AV rust will blend in with the foliage.

Ain't that the truth!  :p

This event is definitely a possibility for me

Possible date may be after Columbus day, but really depends on the leaves, and with all the rain it is probably going to be a late date this year.

Would love too, but October dates are going to be pretty difficult for us.

--OldVMer

AVinSbyCt said:
Maybe...depends on when I get her back from the body shop repairing tornado damage! :E:

Yikes! How bad?

AVinSbyCt said:
Maybe...depends on when I get her back from the body shop repairing tornado damage! :E:
Tornado? In CT? Wow.

OldVMer said:
Would love too, but October dates are going to be pretty difficult for us.

--OldVMer

Avalanche Pizza?

I'm in.  All I need is month notice if possible. Take off work. I work every other weekend.

Anyone know what the leaves are doing in NH?

james21 said:
Anyone know what the leaves are doing in NH?

I was in Northern Vt last weekend - slight colors showing on some red/swamp maples. 

So weekend of Sept 22 or Sept 29, any takers?

james21 said:
So weekend of Sept 22 or Sept 29, any takers?

Possible for September 22 depending on what happens with jury duty on the Friday before.  29th is already spoken for on my calendar.

--OldVMer

Not available for both weekends due to travel.  Sorry.

22nd good for me. Have that Saturday and sunday off.  Work Friday night. Out by 8 am. Saturday morning. Nice little drive after 12 hour shift.

BooomerX said:
James I'm not sure if you are in the Facebook Group but I posted a link back to this thread in hopes it might generate some interest.

I am not on FB, but thanks for posting it, let me know if it gets any hits

james21 said:
I am not on FB, but thanks for posting it, let me know if it gets any hits
James there was a couple interested but doesn't look like they could make it. The Facebook group is a open group so you should be able to see it even if you"re not on FB.
Here's the link  https://www.facebook.com/groups/CAFCNA/

Ok, so far it looks like the weekend of Sept 22nd is the more popular.

I just looked at the 2018 Foliage Prediction Map, https://smokymountains.com/fall-foliage-map/ and Sept 24th is showing only patchy to partial colors, so I will leave it up to everyone else, whether to wait or to go anyway.

Back