• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Back in an avalanche 2008 6.0 GM PERFORMANCE AIR INTAKE?

Dmartin411

Hey guys I use to lurk when I had my 03 avalanche I sold her and upgraded to a 2008 ltz 6.0. Love the truck and power of 6.0 but have a question. It has a cold air intake that says GM performance plus the exhaust says that also. It sounds amazing i love it but my question is did GM performance make a cold air and cat back system? I'd love to find the specs about hp increase. Plus filter has seen better days. I want to buy a  new one. It looks like a k and n should fit. I'm not sure. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Both the CAI and exhaust were sold through your local Chevy dealer and like many parts they were rebranded from another manufacturer and designed to GM standards and covered under warranty. Not sure who actually made the CAI (I have one on my 2008 AV). It is an oil less design and could be cleaned but if you choose to replace the filter your dealer could get one for you probably or you could replace it with an oil less K&N filter.
The exhaust originally were built by Corsa and they had the contract for the exhaust on Corvettes too. From what I have read later exhausts for the AV were actually made by Borla. For performance figures I would suggest checking the Corsa and Borla websites for info, the CAI doesn't really add that much overall but the exhaust will add some power.

Back