• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2008 chevy avalanche back up camera

Dmartin411

I just got a 2008 avalanche ltz 6.0. The back up camera worked fine till today. Today I put the truck in reverse and the screen turns black with warning on the top but no camera. Any thoughts on a fix I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys I dont post often but your posts have helped me so much and also helped me pick this avy. That i am crazy about.

I believe the early Gen 2s had a module under the front passenger seat that controls the rear camera.

Just something you may want to look at.

picture from GM parts direct

Attachments

• 08rearcam.GIF
    08rearcam.GIF
    24.1 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for input. When I literally flick the camera it starts to work then flick again it stops. It must be connector on the camera. It is working now but over the weekend will take it apart clean connectors but grease on them and secure plug better. So glad it is a little bug.  Had a high. Beam issue and wiring issue but truck runs and is mechanically perfect. Def expected little odds and ends when buying a used truck
Couldn't be happier and love the 6.0

My 2009 Av camera display started doing the same thing yesterday.
Black screen with warning across top of screen.

Back