• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

remote wire? 2013 nav/bose

srm022679

just looking to see what wire should be used as a remote turn on for aftermarket amps. I'm using an LC7 which has signal sensing turn on and remote output- but everything stays on even with radio off and key removed. pretty sure I read somewhere that if this happens, a remote wire needs to be ran to the lc7 and the jumper inside to be switched off so it's no longer using the signal sensor

Two things... I am using an LC8 in my truck....

Check the jumpers and insure they are set correctly for this to work. It is possible you connected to the wrong wire or the settings are wrong. I did not have to change any jumpers in my unit and it works great.

The other issue is that it looks for sound on one of the wires to turn on the sound. If you are picking up a lot of noise from the truck it is possible the LC7 is picking it up as sound keeping the unit on. If you have any noise in the system such as alternator whine this can be the issue.

I used wires I twisted with a drill and I still pick up a little noise. I really need to rewire mine to use high quality twisted pair/shielded wires from the back of the radio all the way to my LC8 to get rid of the noise that it picks up.

Note that there is no good way to grab the amp pick up from the factory head unit otherwise. At least not in the 03-06 radio configuration. There is a pink "Amp enable" wire but when I used it in my truck it continually turned my amplifiers on and off every 30 seconds when the truck was off causing a thump in the subs.

So your best bet is to check the configuration of your unit to insure it is setup to actually turn on and off properly, then double check your wiring. You may need to run different wiring to your LC7 directly from the factory harness behind the radio to get rid of the noise and let your unit work properly.

You can find unused posts to control/activate the remote turn on in the distribution block above and to the left of the brake pedal.
See my post here. http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=150889.msg2146678#msg2146678
You should be able to run a signal wire to to LC7 and just toggle the internal signal pick-up/sensor off.

Back