• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Updated interior ?'s

Cowboy_Elvis

So I'm looking to upgrade the seats in my truck, found a beautiful interior of a 2008 avy that was totaled, seats are at a VERY good price, but the seat belts aren't built in to them like mine.  So how hard is it to put in these pillars with the belt systems, does it fit? I'm sure someone on here has done this. I'm just not much of an interior guy so I'm unsure and I'd like to know before I pull the trigger and get myself into a hole if it's not do able

I would have to guess that the electrical system would be your greatest hurdle in trying to put a 2008 interior into a 2002 AV. All of the seat controls and sensors for airbags etc.
If you are planning to do the labor yourself it would probably be easiest for you to just upgrade the foam and upholstery on existing frames. You could get kits and pricing from places like:
www.katzkin.com or www.theseatshop.com 
Them if need be get a carpeting kit and other parts as needed to upgrade the interior you have.

for 2002 you need 1998-2002 seats (burban etc) due to seat belt and electronics.

newer seats power will not work without major modifying wires.
Also since no seatbelt mount in seat (you cannot just add it to seat either) you would need to add it to frame somewhere

Back