• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanche loses power (acceleration, brakes, steering) while driving

jh48

Hi all,

So yesterday I was driving my 2006 Avalanche home from work and noticed that the truck would lose ability to accelerate and would lurch as I stepped on the pedal. However, issue was only intermittent and then i got acceleration back. However, further into the drive home, I lost ability to accelerate, lost brakes, and power steering. Lights stayed on but I fortunately coasted safely to a stop. I let the truck sit for a few minutes after shutting truck off and then started it up to find that I had acceleration, brakes, and power steering back. However, it only lasted a few minutes and came thing happened again. I had to get truck towed back to my house. Has this happened to anyone before or does anyone know what could be the issue? Thanks!

I'm assuming you meant you lost power brakes, so the first thing I would look at is the fuel pressure,
It sounds like the engi?e is dying

:welcome: to the club.

Any check engine light?

Check for codes.

I had an 05 Tahoe that would intermittently die and sometimes come back on before I could ever get pulled over. Sometimes it would take 15/30 min to get power back.  The fix- loose ground

Back