• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Passenger door antitheft problem

Avawrench

I purchased a 2004 Av, and then discovered that the passenger door lock cylinder had been completely punched out of the handle.
I was able to get a new cylinder out of a junkyard and re-pin it to my key, glue it into the hole (the plastic retaining clips had been broken off when the lock was punched) and mechanically it now works just fine.

HOWEVER, when unlocking the passenger door after using the power door lock when leaving the vehicle, the alarm will go off as soon as I open the passenger door. I do not have a wireless key fob, and the alarm does not sound when unlocking the driver side door with the key. From what I understand, using the key in the passenger door should disable the alarm.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the passenger door, or know which wire is the 'key used' signal wire? I can only see two wires going to the lock mechanism, which I am assuming is the power circuit used to lock/unlock the door. In some wiring descriptions I did find, I saw a 'door trigger' wire. Is that what I'm looking for, or is that the 'door is open' signal wire that would turn on the interior/dome lights?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Back