Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How to change the Fuel Pump.  (Read 178304 times)

ken38088

• I love the Chevy Avalanche
Re: How to change the Fuel Pump.
« Reply #325 on: July 20, 2018, 08:19:46 AM »

its not difficult ,just time consuming to pull the tank and disconnect the plastic fittings withought breakage

Z66Modder

• CAFCNA Regional Coordinator
  • Region V Area
« Reply #326 on: October 21, 2018, 11:11:48 AM »

Have a new problem with the replacement pump after 5+ years. Now when it has a full tank, the dash meter drops to empty and back to full randomly. After it gets below 3/4 tank it acts normal. I am assuming I will have to replace the float device or can I just clean it up if there is some corrosion?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:15:11 AM by Z66Modder »

Old Avalanches don't Die, They just Go Faster

Randy

• Charter Member
  • I charge more than a buck$
« Reply #327 on: October 21, 2018, 12:13:01 PM »

I would try running a few tanks of fuel system cleaner first. It could clean up the contact points on the fuel level sensor and fix your problem...
02 2500 Summit White-Loaded, Heated Leather Seats, Sunroof, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 Navigation System with back-up cam, front cam and Blue Tooth. Nelson Tune, UPD/K&N Intake, Dual Magnaflow SS Mufflers and 3" Tailpipes, Powermaster 225 Amp Alternator, Dual Optima Batteries, Full Traction 6" Lift with 305/70/17 Goodyear MT/R's and SSBrakes, Calipers and Rotors, E-Z Down Tail Gate.

More to follow...

22' Velocity Boat powered by 502 BB and Stage III Procharger 750+HP

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
« Reply #328 on: October 21, 2018, 14:58:02 PM »

What Randy said :thumbsup:
2003 2500

Z66Modder

• CAFCNA Regional Coordinator
  • Region V Area
« Reply #329 on: October 22, 2018, 20:36:18 PM »

Okay will give it a try. Thanks guys!

Old Avalanches don't Die, They just Go Faster

enoniam

• LS Fest 2017
« Reply #330 on: October 25, 2018, 05:41:22 AM »

My corvette's fuel sender acts up from time to time - fuel system cleaner helps.  I also find that putting in Sunoco fuel helps - they must have some nice additives for keeping things clean without need for extra user added additives.  With my corvette, I try to only put in the better brands - Shell, BP, Mobile, and at times Marathon, as well as Sunoco when needed since it seems to be more expensive.
2003 with ATK 460 HP 6.0, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers and true dual 3" exhaust, Truetrac rear, 3200 Circle D Stall, tranny upgraded with 4L65 and other heavy-duty parts, Weld Racing 18x10 forged wheels, HPTuners custom tune, Vortech supercharger, water/meth injection, Magnavolt fuel pump voltage booster, DeatschWerks booster fuel pump, 58#/hr injectors, 13.3 @ 101 in the quarter mile.

frito

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"
« Reply #331 on: October 25, 2018, 10:12:41 AM »

My corvette's fuel sender acts up from time to time - fuel system cleaner helps.  I also find that putting in Sunoco fuel helps - they must have some nice additives for keeping things clean without need for extra user added additives.  With my corvette, I try to only put in the better brands - Shell, BP, Mobile, and at times Marathon, as well as Sunoco when needed since it seems to be more expensive.
Have you found the Sunoco to have higher octane ratings?  I know there are some, though they seem harder to find these days, that have slightly higher octane options than most stations.
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

xformer

• great truck
« Reply #332 on: November 22, 2018, 09:21:28 AM »

Well I got the kit in the mail today, so I got busy and re-sized the hole. On the 2500 I guess it's best to pull the back seat out because of the location, anyway that's what I did, "both seats" actually so I could curl the carpet up easier. I made this picture so any other 2500 people will have a better idea where the pump is located. I measured off the back wall and sideways off what I'll call the 3rd reinforcing line from that side of the back. I wound up widening the hole 1/4" toward the center(you can tell I went back to my original line) just to make sure I had plenty of room.  Hope this helps you ICONMIKE.

I've never done a electric pump rebuild before, so this was interesting. In fact the last pump I worked on was mechanical (yes a long time ago). But the parts fit and I remembered how it went back together, yay. The worst part was pushing that new hose on the pump. It was cold here so I borrowed a heat gun to soften it up ( be very careful if you use one of these, stuff will melt before you know it). I put a light coat of grease on the gasket and the metal fuel lines and reinstalled the pump.

It fired right up and sounded good. I realized I hadn't driven it for a week. I'll do the cover Monday, I'm going for a drive.
  Thanks everyone for all your help.

I can't seem to find the pic of the hole. Can you send to rob3280@live.com? Thanks.

dna9656

« Reply #333 on: November 24, 2018, 18:53:36 PM »

Step one: DO NOT buy gas on the day you're doing the job, do not buy more than 5 bucks at time until you do the job. if your pump gave it up AFTER you filled up; you poor _astard.
2006 Chevy Avalanche,Z71, Upgraded to 4L65 E 2007 Standard 17" Chevy wheels but not the right year or style, new tires, exhaust, U joints, shocks, rear axle bearings and seals. New Driver's seat belt.  2007 Chrysler Sebring, 7  Yamaha motorcycles 6 Venture Royales 1 Road Star, 2 run, others for parts. 2 dachshunds, 1 house. 1 wife.

ygmn

• Administrator
  • Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .
« Reply #334 on: November 25, 2018, 05:50:53 AM »

Step one: DO NOT buy gas on the day you're doing the job, do not buy more than 5 bucks at time until you do the job. if your pump gave it up AFTER you filled up; you poor _astard.
Replac from top and no issues with how much fuel in tank
Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14]  All   Go Up

Page created in 1.722 seconds with 24 queries.