• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

P0335

Chris_G1

Was out today pulling my travel trailer, made a drop off an my way home after parking the trailer and the truck was very hard to get started again. Check engine light was on, service stabilitrak, service traction control got code P0335. Was not very far from home luckily, started driving noticed the 1st - 2nd shift was very hard so i wasvery gental with it, all other shifts seemed ok. Noticed then there was no RPM reading on the tach, the truck was running and driving. Also noticed the air conditioning was not working anymore 

Hopefully these are all related to my 1 code, wondering if anyone else has had this experience and what their fix was.

Its an ?07 5.3 with just about 100,000 miles, its parked now hopefully to find a simple straightforward fix i can handle, if not its getting towed to the shop, im not interested in chancing the drive and destroying something else

Crankshaft position sensor, a?d its going into default mode just using the cam position sensor for timing and fuel injections.

I was looking online about that being the cause but i wanted to check and confirm before i tried, its really that simple ???

I read a few times that after changing the sensor the computer needed to be reprogrammed because it wasnt picking up on the fact that the sensor was replaced, any truth to that on our motors ? I enjoy repairing my own truck if i can, but if its still going to run horribly and need a tow to the shop to be reprogrammed i might as well just tow it now and have them do everything, the part looks inexpensive and i cant imagine its going to take a pro any more than an hour to do, plus the added bonus of a warranty

I have heard  here of people who have changed it and it did work fine without doing the relearn.
Did you try clearing the code. There are code readers that can read the sensor like a tech 2 so
you can tell if the sensor is reading or not.

It was my brother who did the scan, he mentioned something about erasing it...... not sure if he did or not. He also came for a very short drive with me with his scanner plugged in, not sure what he got from it if anything. I was very uncomfortable driving it the way it was shifting, I didn?t want to chance hurting the transmission so i just wanted to get it home and parked.

I do know it wasn?t a tech 2 he was using

Video is not an Av but is an Escalade and should be the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn3Ed11fDwE

Hopefully, it's not something else but the code is pointing to it. Also, check the wiring to it.

MS03 2500 said:
Hopefully, it's not something else but the code is pointing to it. Also, check the wiring to it.

Exactly why im more leaning to just have it towed to the mechanics, i do enjoy fixing my truck but i have a camping trip planned for next weekend, it wouldn?t be good if the cranksensor was only part of the problem im having and as i head out with the trailer in the evening, when nothing is open Murphy's law says it will run fine until im in the middle of nowhere !

That sounds like a good idea. The only other thing I can think of is something you don't want to know. But it would have caused multiple codes.

Tow truck just left with my truck, weird thing is from the other day to today my Avalanche was a totally different truck.

Sunday it barely started, cranked for a long while before starting. Today fired right up.
Sunday there was no RPM reading, today it was showing RPM 
Sunday service traction control and stabilitrak, today no message for that
Luckily the enginge light was still on, even though I believe they store the error codes

That does sound like a weird one.  Good Luck

Glad it was only that.

Back