• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Error Code P0757 Shift Solenoid B Stuck On

crsny

I'm having a issue with my trans. I was heading home today and my check engine light came on and I noticed my truck would not shift gears. I have an auto trans and my transmission would not shift from 2nd into 3rd. I stopped at auto zone on my way home and had my code read. The error code was "P0757 Shift Solenoid Stuck On,"  I made it home keeping under 35 mph. It was only 6 miles. All my fluids are good.
Any idea what this is or how to fix it? I should mention the code is displayed twice so its possible the solenoid switch for 3rd to 4th is stuck also.

I'm having the same problem.  My truck sat for a couple months and I had a small fluid leak while it sat idle. I was 4oz low on fluid and it's been fine since until today. Today it would not shift from 2nd to 3rd. I checked the codes and had a "shift solenoid B stuck on." Error code P0757
So are you saying I have to drain and drop the transmission pan to fix this?
I've never had luck doing this. Every vehicle I've ever had that I have the transmission fluid replaced and new gaskets installed the transmission may last 3 months after that if I'm lucky.

You will have to drain fluid and drop the pan to get to the solenoids.

For me anyway, whenever I have had the solenoids replaced, because I was beginning to see shifting problems, my transmission has gone out totally soon afterwards.

But, that has just been my experience.

I bought my 2004 EXT with 116K miles on it.

I had to have the transmission rebuilt at 125K miles.

You did not mention your mileage, but if it has normal mileage for it's age, you are probably in the most common mileage range for failure.

Some go more miles, some go less.

Every GM transmission I have ever had rebuilt was between 75K and 125K miles.

When my transmission in this truck began to act up, the fluid looked good, but it had a slight burnt smell to it.

The final failure I had was the truck would go in 1st, but it would totally slip when going into 2nd, letting the engine free wheel to high RPM.

If you let off the gas, it would finally shift into another gear long enough for me to drive to my local mechanic's shop.

For a cost of around $2000, I had the transmission rebuilt with regular parts and also replaced the torque converter.

That was 6 years and 100K miles ago.

The transmission in my EXT is supposed to be the more heavy duty 4L65E version, with some upgraded internals over the 4L60E, but it failed just the same as any other transmission I have ever owned.

I've had the transmission fluid changed by dropping the pan and replacing the filter twice now. (Once because one of the cooler lines had popped off the side of the transmission and left me stranded on the side of the highway until I was able to get the truck towed to the shop to fix the line and change the filter and top off the fluid.  :E: )

So, you may get by with replacing the solenoids, but I would still be setting some money aside for an upcoming transmission rebuild, just in case.

If you have deep pan That's is PITA to take out. be care full.  change both A, B solenoids and clean and check wear on the check valves, Dirty check valve causes the same code.

[/size]Turns out my transmission was shot.  I had it rebuilt and it seems to be working ok.

Devildog16, I paid $1605.00 including tax and 1 year warranty on full job, parts and labor. Hopefully I won't need to test the warranty.  (y)

Back