• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

LED light off the cargo light

bducote

I recently hooked up some led's to my back bumper and I tied them into the cargo light, so I had to find the fuse.  Just so you know, if you decide to do this you have to connect both light leads, off the cargo light to the lights you're adding.  Anyways, I now have two 6 inch LED's that come on when I press the cargo light, after running two wires off the back of the cargo light.  I used a fiberglass tent pole to feed the wires from the saddle bag/ cargo area behind the plastic side molding to the rear drain.  Took me awhile to connect to the back of the cargo light, since I had to remove the saddle bag cover to be able to reach one arm in on the saddle bag side and hold the light while I used my other hand to crimp a wire connector the the line. [][/
[/img][/img]]  I have to figure out how to post a pic first so...  For now though, it's on the drivers side fuse panel, bottom right corner 15 amp fuse.  There's a cluster of three 15 amp fuses in an L pattern and it's the top left one.

Back