• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

dash/radio lights dimmed...

AVinSbyCt

Like it says, the radio lights dimmed, so low I can barely see them. This as well as the DIC display in the gauges. They were fine when I picked it up from the body shop after a tornado decided to drop a couple trees on her. Then I noticed they were dim and thought maybe the cloud cover was messing that up. Over the weekend, they were either nice and bright or not!
So, suggestions?
Could it have anything to do with the body shop repairs (hood, windshield door, fender and roof)? Or just it's time to fix something?
Thanks! 

Not sure if the 2012 AV has a display dimmer switch on dash or not, you may want to check your owner's manual and see if switch is set on dim....
Other thing might be the dash top light sensor is covered,loose or dead making the AV think it's nighttime and automatically goes to dim.
Good luck finding the solution.

Manual?! Who checks those?! 
My thoughts were leaning toward the sensor as everything was fine before. My hopes were something simple!
Going to give the shop a call...
Thanks V  (y)

Back