• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

BAFX Products WiFi OBDII Reader (My cheat Mod) for trans temp

mdovenmuehler

So in my mission to install a temp gauge which I still plan on doing, I had a friend give me this nifty little tool.

https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Reader-Scanner-Devices/dp/B078K54MT5/ref=lp_4920137011_1_7?srs=4920137011&ie=UTF8&qid=1538187943&sr=8-7

Not sure if anyone has used it or what not, but with an ipad it was cool as ever. Not sure I want to get an actual trans temp gauge now, I will have to get some pics for anyone who wants to see.
Worked on my avy just fine:

Used the GM User Defined PID, and it worked good. Curious if anyone else has used a product like this for their vehicle.

mdovenmuehler said:
So in my mission to install a temp gauge which I still plan on doing, I had a friend give me this nifty little tool.

https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Reader-Scanner-Devices/dp/B078K54MT5/ref=lp_4920137011_1_7?srs=4920137011&ie=UTF8&qid=1538187943&sr=8-7

Not sure if anyone has used it or what not, but with an ipad it was cool as ever. Not sure I want to get an actual trans temp gauge now, I will have to get some pics for anyone who wants to see.
Worked on my avy just fine:

Used the GM User Defined PID, and it worked good. Curious if anyone else has used a product like this for their vehicle.
Its the App installed on your Ipad that is doing the communicating with the GM enhanced PID through the OBD2 adapter.  The BAFX just does the interface.  I do the same thing on my 2004 with Car Gauge Pro (Android) on my cell phone and the BAFX Bluetooth OBD2 adapter.  The BAFX OBD2 adapters are really nothing special - other than they are good quality inexpensive Chinese electronics.  Other cheap OBD2 adapters I have seen operate at 1/10th the speed.  What is the program you are using on the Ipad?  Haven't heard of much worthwhile OBD2 software that will run on an Apple, but it sounds like you have one there.  Also I see your Av is a 2002.  These programs may or may not be able to use the same PIDs on later vehicles that switched to CAN protocol starting in 2007+.

Back