Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What kind of roof rack and mounting system?  (Read 82 times)

Cowboy_Elvis

• I love the Chevy Avalanche
What kind of roof rack and mounting system?
« on: 09/30/18 11:17 AM »

So I'm looking to buy a rack for my avy, but I'm a little lost. I don't have the factory rack on my truck,  but I've seen some baskets that use the rack system and others that look bolted in. Also price is a factor, I don't need a $600 smitty built rack that'll will hold a tire the same way a $100 one will. So looking for any info and what you guys are running or recommend
2002 Z71
8" fab tech lift
Amp research folding steps
After market steel hood
Brush guard
Train horn
Rhino lined fenders and cladding
Volant Intake and flowmaster exhaust

Soon to come...
Roof basket
Light bars
Iron cross bumpers

james21

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • What Do You Do With Your AV
Re: What kind of roof rack and mounting system?
« Reply #1 on: 10/03/18 03:43 PM »

I currently have a Conferr (company no longer exists) rack system its 4x4x4, I am planning to upgrade to a 5x4x4, and have been researching Rhino Racks, because they have so much customization that you can build it to suit your needs. Also I have seen one member that has a retractable canopy that can be mounted for camping trips or day trips to the beach. You should give them a look see.
Avalanche 1500 BLK NFE w/ 4.56, locking Diff & 18inch wheels. MODS: Amber DRLs; Sunroof, Confer Rack; Volant Intake; MSD; NGK Iridiums; Magnaflow SS; PIAA low beams; HID Highs; Mercury Xenon 885 fogs; SOR front, WAAG rear; SS Bug Shield; Predator Dash & Grille lights, Whelen Strobes & TIR3s.
Newest Mod: 2nd Black Stealth Bumper; PC Xterrain; RCD 6", Rigid LED Bars front & rear; Dual Shocks.

Next Mods: LA Patented AV Snorkel
Never-to-Be Mods: Duramax/Allison; SOR Rear.

She's All Modded out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.314 seconds with 24 queries.