• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Good news for Second Gen Avys

greatgab

PM 2018
PM 2017
SM 2016
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-trucks/20-most-and-least-reliable-used-pickup-trucks/ss-BBMFHPR?ocid=spartanntp

I can't believe the Ridgeline beats us!  ???

No surprise to me since the automotive press has been in love with imports for decades. Plus we don't know all the judging criteria.
When the Ridgeline first came out I drove my AV on the Honda lot to compare them both side by side. I did like the two way tailgate and smaller size for parking in tight spots. Otherwise it cost as much as an AV with way less space in interior and bed, got the same gas mileage,and the under bed spare tire storage trunk would be hard to access if the bed was full as well as less towing/hauling capacity on the Honda too.
I did notice in the article they called the AV a truck version of the Tahoe not the Suburban which would be more correct so how well was it researched?
They also listed the Caddy as being reliable as well.  (y)

My buddy at work has a Ridgeline and we swapped trucks at lunch one day... he didn't want to give my keys back! The ride in the Ridgeline was HORRIBLE and the seats would kill me on a long drive. In short, it felt like a Honda car. The article says that the 2011s were the best... I hope that my 2013 has similar quality.  (y)

Worst to first in a year.  I commented earlier this year the Consumer Reports said not to buy the 2011 due to reliability.  I went ahead and bought one anyway and used the report at that time to hammer the price down.

Ridgelines are for Honda owners that are hypnotized to keep buying Hondas.  "This is the truck you are looking for.  Oops we made it look like the Avalanche and you are getting restless.  We have made the new Ridgeline look more like an average truck.  This is the truck you are looking for...."

Vaeagleav said:
No surprise to me since the automotive press has been in love with imports for decades. Plus we don't know all the judging criteria.
When the Ridgeline first came out I drove my AV on the Honda lot to compare them both side by side. I did like the two way tailgate and smaller size for parking in tight spots. Otherwise it cost as much as an AV with way less space in interior and bed, got the same gas mileage,and the under bed spare tire storage trunk would be hard to access if the bed was full as well as less towing/hauling capacity on the Honda too.
I did notice in the article they called the AV a truck version of the Tahoe not the Suburban which would be more correct so how well was it researched?
They also listed the Caddy as being reliable as well.  (y)

Interestingly my experience seems to parallel Vaeagleav....

I have owned 13 Honda's and am a "true" fan of Honda's.

However, the Ridgeline seems to be built on the Pilot chassis (I still own a 2003 model which was their first year).  The Pilot and Ridgeline get very "un-Honda" like gas mileage.

So if I can get a larger more capable vehicle from Chevy, (more comfortable in the cabin, 50% higher tow rating, carries larger gear) and get the same or better mileage... why buy the Honda?  There is the possibility that Honda's as a group might be more reliable than Chevy's as a group..., but I am hoping that this Avalanche that was born and raised in Canada, will do well here in the lower 48!

Back