• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rear bumper for 2013 Avalanche

2004avalance

PM 2013
Has anyone tried to adapt the staple bumper on the new Silverado  to fit a second generation Avalance? My 2004 has a step in the rear bumper. My 2013 does not. The new one does have the hand grip on the top corner of the fender.

Your 2004 AV must have been a fully cladded AV with the lower cladding to have the step bumper. That model stopped in 2006. There has not been a step bumper since 2007 unless you went aftermarket. All years from 2002-2013 had the hand grip near the tailgate/fender ends. I remember members wondering about the Silverado bumper fitting years ago but never saw where anyone tried the fit. Since the AV is based on the Suburban and not the Silverado I would guess it would not fit easily but maybe with modifying the brackets it could be made to work. You might want to go to a dealership with a tape measure and check bumper length and mounting point measurements etc. Then you would need to transfer over the backup sensors and other electrical stuff.
It may be easier to look at a Bedslide device so you don't have to climb into the bed to retrieve things. Saves wear and tear on the tailgate, and yourself.

There are zero aftermarket bumpers with steps for a 2007+ Avalanche.  I've looked and would like to be proven wrong.  Buckstop has no interest in it.  Hammerhead won't do it. Move might, but hasn't yet.

I've seen a post on an Avalanche FB page where somebody did use a Silverado bumper.

jO0zZa9.jpg

Looks pretty good.  No word on what had to be done to fit it, however.

Makes me want to try it, though.

I spoke with MOVE yesterday about a rear for my 07.  I was told there was no call for them and they didn't anticipate building any.  I'm going to fab my own in the next couple months. 

pdoghunter said:
I spoke with MOVE yesterday about a rear for my 07.  I was told there was no call for them and they didn't anticipate building any.  I'm going to fab my own in the next couple months.

"No call"? That's BS. I've personally made mention of it several times on their Facebook posts and in their website request form.  As with a lot of things for these trucks, the user base is small enough that nobody really cares.  The lousy thing is that the bumper is at least very close, if not identical to other bumpers for Silverados and Tahoes.  All I think has to be done is investigate it, but nobody seems to want to do even the basic "will something already available fit?" research.  I would but it's a huge hassle and expense sending something back if it doesn't, or being stuck with stuff I can't use.

Bodyguard Armor makes a pretty nice Front bumper that will fit our trucks. They make a rear bumper 'with steps and such for the Silverado. I've let them know there's interest in bumpers for Avalanches. It looks like it would take only a little modification to the design to make an Avalanche version. Pretty sure the bumpers would be cross compatible with the following:

2000-2006 Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon+XL, Escalade+ESV+EXT
2003-2006 Avalanche WBH
2007-2013 Avalanche

That's 60 total model/year combinations. Hundreds of thousands of which are still on the road.

Here's the link to their request page: https://www.bodyguardbumpers.com/new-product-requests/

There are zero aftermarket bumpers with steps for a 2007+ Avalanche. I've looked and would like to be proven wrong. Buckstop has no interest in it. Hammerhead won't do it. Move might, but hasn't yet.

I've seen a post on an Avalanche FB page where somebody did use a Silverado bumper.

jO0zZa9.jpg

Looks pretty good. No word on what had to be done to fit it, however.

Makes me want to try it, though.
This is what I'm looking for... ugh

Back